Monday, October 15, 2018

At Long Last, Through Ultan's Door Issue 1!



At long last, I present to the waking world issue 1 of my new zine. Go through Ultan's door in this inaugural issue into the Ruins of the Inquisitor's Theater, a 30 room dungeon replete with oneiric puddings, delicate shadow puppets, giggling white swine, and much more. This zine contains everything you need to launch a D&D campaign in the Zyan, flying city of the dreamlands. The issue is printed on deluxe paper, and comes with a detachable cover that has a map printed on the interior by Gus L., and a separate card for encounters. Brought to life with stunning art of Huargo and brilliant layout of Matt Hildebrand, it is an object that may itself have come from beyond the veil of sleep.


This is the first of good things. I'm already at work on issue 2. I'll let you know about that soon. In the meantime, you can purchase both print versions and PDFs here.

7 comments:

  1. Immediatly ordered my print copy, good flying towards Italy! Your first step to conquer Europe Ben. Looking forward to receive it, hopefully custom taxes won't be higher than the zine itself ... Keep on the good work and may Zyan become a great home for our campaigns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this on RPGnow and it is effing awesome. I'm going to be running Beyond the Wall for my next game, and this book full of creepy puppet theatres and *fantastic* art is making me want to change to another system. Or maybe, definitely, this door is screaming to be tucked away somewhere in every game I run. Like some evil Easter egg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so glad you dig it Simon D.! If you end up using it (or some of it) let me k ow how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only downside to seeing this post was realizing I could have ordered my copy 3 days ago!

    P.S. I hope you don't mind me trying to work with/expound upon your summoning system

    Henry V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only do I not mind, I want to think about it. I've been jammed with zine madness, but it's been on my mind

      Delete
  5. Any plans for a reprint maybe?

    ReplyDelete