Small Ticket Sandbox Advancement
Big Ticket Sandbox Advancement
- "Accomplish one in a series of goals necessary to complete an adventure". This is not a sandbox friendly formulation, insofar as it presupposes that there is "an adventure" and that it has a series of "goals" that you have to accomplish to complete the adventure.
- "Discover a hidden location or secret relevant to the adventure." This is better, but it still has that pesky idea of "the adventure", relevance to which makes uncovering secrets a milestone.
- "Reaching an important destination". This at least has the form of a sandbox achievement in the sense I am working with. There's some place on the map. It's important and hard to reach. If you get there, then you get a big ticket advancement. Like visiting the city of Carcosa in Carcosa.
- Exploring a skyrealm, one of the mysterious flying islands of Jorune.
- Exploring Shanthic ruins, the mysterious hidden ancient underground cities of a strange psychic race.
- Discovering a cache of Earth-Tec, the ancient technology of the travelers.
- Killing a Dhar Corundron, the apex predator of Jorune. (Think of it as a sword and planet version of killing a dragon.)
- Mapping something, sailing some river, Laying eyes on the Trinnu Gulf, AKA the Amoeba Sea
- Somehow getting up into outer space, or exploring the moons of Jorune, etc.
- Finding The Ship (or if there were more than one, a ship) of the travelers.
- Raise HD by 1 (You can do this 3 times max)
- Raise 1 stat modifier by 1 (You can do this 1 time only for each stat)