Monday, July 8, 2019

Through Ultan's Door Issue 2 is Finally Here!


The long wait is over! I am now releasing into the wild issue 2 of Through Ultan's Door.

Go through Ultan's door in this second issue into the Catacombs of the Fleischguild, replete with fiendish butcher traps, blood demons, flayed heretics, and much more! It is a 31 room dungeon for a party of 3-5 characters of 2nd-3rd level, written for Advanced Labyrinth Lord, but broadly compatible with any older version of D&D or their retro clones.

This 36 page zine also has house rules for playing in the dreamlands, a treatise on the undead of Wishery, and new spells and magic items. It is brought to life with a gorgeous cartography by Gus L and lavish illustrations by Huargo, Jeremy Duncan, Orphicss, and Matt Hildebrand. Like issue 1, it comes with a detachable cover with a map and a separate encounter card so that you can sit right down and play! I have also reprinted issue 1, so you can finally purchase physical copies of that as well.



At the moment, where you should go to buy the zine depends on whether you wish to buy a print + PDF, or PDF only. you can purchase the zine.

For customers wishing to purchase print + PDF copies, please visit my Big Cartel webstore here: https://throughultansdoor.bigcartel.com/ International shipping can be pricey, and although I've discounted it to the extent I've been able to, it's still much higher than I would like it to be.

For this reason I've also distributed some copies to The Melsonian Arts Council which ships from the UK here: https://www.melsonia.com/zines-2-c.asp

For customers anywhere wishing to purchase a PDF only of the zine, please visit DriveThruRPG here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/13761/Through-Ultan039s-Door (at present I'm still waiting for the PDF to be approval, I'll update here when it's available)

In the U.S. and Canada I have provided people the option to have their single zines shipped bagged and in a box for a small extra fee ($2). Orders of multiple zines will automatically be shipped in a box. Unfortunately, I do not have the capacity to honor other shipping requests: for a single zine it's either in a simple envelope, or bagged in a box; for multiple zines they will be sent in a box. Please keep in mind that if you order the print version in the U.S., I will be manually emailing you the PDF, and I may need up to 24 hours to get the digital copy into your inbox.

If you are stumbling upon the zine for the first time, and are curious, there were many reviews of issue 1. Here are just two:

The first, by Patrick Stuart, of False Machine can be viewed here.

The second, by Byrce Lynch, of Ten Foot Pole can be viewed here.

If you want to see a preview of the contents of issue 2 before purchasing the zine, you can head over to the DriveThruRPG link above, where the preview includes a hefty chunk of the dungeon. If you wish to receive email updates about future releases, send an email to throughultansdoor@gmail.com.

See you in Slumberland!


6 comments:

  1. I happen to be moving halfway through August, is there any estimate on how long it will take for the zines to ship out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will ship as I receive them. If you order today, it will likely go out tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Mine was ordered within 5 minutes of getting the email that you'd released them.

    I'm really excited. You've done an incredible job of bringing a piece of your imagination to print for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yyyyyeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BUDDY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the zine. Thank you.

    Ever thought of having a T-shirt made available with using one or more of the lovely piece of artwork?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squeen, I am thinking of having posters made. I hadn't thought about T-shirts. The whole world of producing swag is a new one for me. I will investigate.

      Delete